Fort Lauderdale Child Custody Lawyer
In Florida, children now spend time with their parents according to a parenting plan established between the parents. To minimize courtroom battles that pit parents against each other, state laws and courts have moved away from using words such as “custody” and “residential parent.” Time with children is now determined based on the “best interest” standard. By avoiding language that sets up a win-lose dynamic, the hope is that parents will look for solutions in which everyone wins, and parents will be able to co-parent more effectively after the divorce.
At The Law Office of Gustavo E. Frances, P.A., I have helped many people develop fair parenting plans, visitation, and time-sharing agreements. The circumstances of all of my clients are unique. As a Fort Lauderdale child custody attorney, I help my clients by listening carefully to their circumstances and coming up with solutions tailored to their situations.
Factors That Must Be Considered
As your child custody lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, I will help use the following factors to determine the best time-sharing schedule for the children.
- Facilitating frequent contact — A willingness by parents to show that they are following the parenting plan, allowing for reasonable changes in the schedule, and helping to encourage a close relationship with the other parent
- Determining parental responsibilities criteria — Evaluating who is in the best position to assume certain parental tasks
- Helping figure out how each parent will consider and act upon the needs of the child as opposed to the needs or desires of the parent
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable, satisfactory environment and how to maintain this continuity
- The geographic viability of the parenting plan
- The moral fitness of each parent
- The mental and physical health of each parent
- The school and community record of the children
The court will also consider:
- The reasonable preference of the child
- If each parent wants to be informed of the circumstances of the minor child
- How each parent intends to provide a consistent routine for the child, including discipline and daily schedules
- How each parent communicates with each other, keeping each other informed of issues and activities regarding the minor child
- If there is evidence of domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse, child abandonment, or child neglect
- If a parent has knowingly provided false information to the court
- The division of parental responsibilities
- How each parent plans to participate and is involved in the child’s school and extracurricular activities
- The disposition of each parent to maintain an environment for the child which is free from substance abuse
- How each parent intends to protect the child from ongoing litigation
- How each parent will handle the developmental stages and needs of the child
- Any other factor that is relevant to the determination of a specific parenting plan, including the time-sharing schedule
Contact Me Today For Thorough Counsel
Start planning today with a child custody attorney in Fort Lauderdale. Contact The Law Office of Gustavo E. Frances, P.A., toll-free at 954-533-2756 to schedule your free consultation. My office is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Child support modifications
Court-ordered child support can be modified when there are substantial, material and unanticipated changes in circumstances.
- Department of Revenue Child Support matters
There are certain times when the state of Florida will intervene in child support matters
- Property Division
Determining separate and joint assets, using equitable division to arrive at a fair agreement
- Paternity actions
Sometimes paternity must be established in order to enforce child support as well as custody rights
If you are facing divorce, you need an attorney who can help you make smart decisions about your future.
- Child Support Attorney
Using the guidelines to factor monthly payments
- Alimony Spousal Support Attorney
Rehabilitative or permanent alimony petitions
- Department of Revenue concerns
During a Title IV-D administrative proceeding brought by the Department of Revenue concerning child support
- Time Sharing & Child Custody Attorney
Where the children will reside and who will have decision-making authority concerning all types of important issues
- Domestic Violence Attorney
Domestic violence of any kind is abhorrent. However, allegations of domestic violence are not always cut and dry.
Contact Me For A Flat-Fee Divorce
For legal representation in any dissolution of marriage matter, please reach out to me online or call me toll free at 954-533-2756.