Our office is open and ready to assist you with your Family Law needs. We also offer Zoom video conferencing service for clients who prefer to meet remotely versus in person.

Child Support Modifications Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale

Court-ordered child support can be modified when there are substantial, material, and unanticipated changes in circumstances. Losing your job or receiving a pay cut may qualify for a reduction under certain circumstances. If one of the parents receives a raise or a promotion, this may also result in a change of the amount due in child support.

Why An Attorney Is Important When Modifying Support

In order to start an action for modification of child support, you need an experienced child support modifications attorney in Fort Lauderdale to file a Supplemental Petition for Modification. This is not something that happens automatically and if it is done incorrectly, you may be placed in a position where you end up paying the other side’s attorney fees.

At The Law Office of Gustavo E. Frances, P.A., I routinely file petitions like this and am familiar with the local rules and requirements that must be met before a modification can be granted. If you are familiar with the other parent’s income and all of the child’s monthly expenses, I can give you an estimated monthly payment during the free initial consultation.

Child support modifications can be done both in an upward manner and in a downward manner. If the other parent starts to receive new income or receives a large promotion or raise, then you need an experienced Fort Lauderdale child support modifications attorney to prove that there has been an upward change in his or her income in order to have the Child Support Guidelines recalculated to ensure that the fair amount of child support is being paid.

How Time-Sharing Affects Support

One of the main reasons that the amount of child support can change is a change in the amount of time-sharing. Child support directly relates to the amount of time spent with a child. The more time you spend with a child the less than you pay in child support.

If one parent is not exercising the time-sharing that he or she has been given by the court, then you may be entitled to get additional support to make up for the time he or she does not use.

Don’t Waste Money By Overpaying Support

The changes will not take place until the motion is filed. Every day that passes without the motion is money that is either overpaid or lost. The changes that are requested in the motion can be retroactive to the date of filing the motion. As your child support modifications lawyer, I will fight for you.

The Law Office of Gustavo E. Frances, P.A., is able to review your case in a free consultation and let you know if you qualify for any sort of modification and what the best way to obtain your modification is. Don’t wait until the last minute — when it comes to these modifications, time is money.

Contact Me For A Flat-Fee Uncontested Divorce

For legal representation in any dissolution of marriage matter, please reach out to me online or call me toll free at 954-533-2756.

Awards & Certifications